by Bharti Singh / last updated on - Dec 9, 2020
Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women, except for skin cancers. It is estimated that in 2020, approximately 30% of all new women cancer diagnoses will be breast cancer.
On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer in the United States, thats when they are aware of breast cancer. But in India where specially women are not aware of breast cancer , there will be lots of unknown cases.
In women in India, for the year 2018 ,
- 61,264 out of an estimated total 186,965 cases of cancer, were due to breast cancer, for the age group of 25 to 49 years (which is 37.70%). 21,892 women died of breast cancer for this age group.
- 75,574 out of an estimated total 271,076 cases of cancer, were due to breast cancer, for the age group of 50 to 69 years (which is 46.5%). 44,051 women died of breast cancer for this age group.
- 25,056 out of an estimated total 107,165 cases of cancer, were due to breast cancer, for the age group of 70 and above(which is 15.5%). 20,938 women died of breast cancer for this age group.
When cells in the body grow out of control it leads to cancer. Similarly in Breast cancer, cells in the breast grow out of control. Cells grow rapidly and accumulate , forming a lump or mass. It can also reach other organs through the bloodstream or to neighbouring lymph nodes. When breast cancer spreads to other parts of the body, it is said to have metastasized.
Mainly breast cancer is categoriged into two types depending on which cells in breast turn into cancer. A breast is made up of lobules, ducts and connective tissue.
• Invasive ductal carcinoma - In this the cancer cell grow outside the ducts. Invasive means they can also spread to other parts of the body.
• Invasive lobular carcinoma - In this the cancer cell grow from the lobules. Invasive means they can also spread to other parts of the body.
There are also several less common types of breast cancer like :
• Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS)
• Paget’s disease
• inflammatory breast cancer
There are few symptoms that may let you know of breast cancer but sometimes no symptoms and signs are shown.
Some signs are :
Always take doctor's advice and have regular checkup.
Risk factors for breast cancer means anything that increases the chance of getting this disease. These are some of the most common risk factors for Breast Cancer.
• Drinking Alcohol
• Being Physically inactive
• Being overweight or obese
• Women who do not have children
• No breastfeeding
• Getting older
• Starting menstrual periods early
• Menopause after age 55
• Family history
• Hormone therapy after menopause
• Being female
The good thing is breast cancer can be cured. There are various treatment depending on level of breast cancer. So many different factors can come into play when choosing treatments, such as: the size, stage, and grade of the cancer, as well as the location (ducts vs. lobules) and many more.
treatment planning test :
Most people with invasive breast cancer will have either a sentinel lymph node biopsy or an axillary lymph node dissection.
Additional treatments :
Thank you for reading this blog - Breast Cancer : Symptoms nad cure by Bharti Singh. if you like it please share with your friends and comment .
Also read :Most disease resistant animals Click here
Also read my poem:Veer Jawan Click here
Also see this art:Uttrakhand Tradition Using Art Click here
Also see blog :About Mandala art and beautiful designs Click here
Also read this :Health and its important aspects Click here
Also read 2012 best nominated novel review :The Devotion Of Suspect X Click here
Also read poem :Beenam Rishta Click here
Also read this :India's Unfought War With China Click here